Professional certifications like Six Sigma green belt certifications are becoming popular these days. It shows an individual’s expertise in the relevant field and highlights his/her acquired skills. These days, many companies in different sectors, such as management, technology, education, etc, ask for professional certifications like the Six Sigma green belt before hiring candidates. They can boost the probabilities of getting hired or promoted.
For a beginner in any business field, a professional certification like Green Belt can be beneficial. This shows that the individual is ahead of others and has the required knowledge and other abilities to get selected. Further, it helps him develop his overall personality in terms of his profession and personal life.
What is Six Sigma Green Belt™ Certification?
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a credential that certifies you with practical knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and tools. Its certification program helps individuals understand the basics and advanced levels of Six Sigma with examples so they can implement their knowledge on real-life professional tasks. This can increase their visibility at their workplaces and boost their career growth and salary. For job seekers, the training program can add value to their resumes and help them stand out from the competition.
Getting a Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate proves an individual’s or employee’s commitment to improving his analytical skills and business intelligence along with boosting business processes at their organization. The certification is accepted worldwide and opens door to multiple opportunities across various industries.
How to Get Six Sigma Green Belt™ Certification?
Candidates willing to get the Six Sigma Green Belt™ Certification need to appear in the Six Sigma Green Belt Exam conducted by IASSC (International Association for Six Sigma Certification).
IASSC is a third-party certification providing body established in 2009. It delivers and facilitates centralized and global six sigma accreditation and certification standards. It is an official member of ICE (Institute for Credentialing Excellence) and ANSI (American National Standard Institute). These organizations ensure the credibility of the lean Six Sigma certification.
IASSC offers six types of Six Sigma certifications that are accepted globally in different industries. The green belt is one of the Six Sigma certifications focusing on providing information on Six Sigma tools and processes at an advanced level.
Candidates need to check out the eligibility criteria and other requirements to apply for the Six Sigma Green Belt exam.
Eligibility For Six Sigma Green Belt™ Certification
There are no specific eligibility criteria to sit for the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam. However, proper training and sufficient work experience are required by an applicant to get the certification.
Individuals pursuing a training program must appear for the test conducted after the course completion. Candidates who will clear the test will be provided with the certification.
- Work Experience – The candidates need to have at least 3 of experience in handling projects linked with Six Six methodologies and business improvement. Part-time jobs or internships will not be counted as work experience. Or else, they must have completed at least two Six Sigma projects and can provide affidavits to the relevant projects for validation.
- Exam – After the completion of training, appear for the exam which carries multiple-choice questions. The exam duration is 4 hours. The maximum mark for the paper is 100, and candidates must score at least 70 marks to pass the exam.
- Previously Required Belts – Individuals applying for the green belt certification must have yellow belt certification for the further application process. Candidates who haven’t received a yellow belt cannot apply for a green belt.
Application Process For the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt™ Exam
Candidates are recommended to follow the given steps to apply for the Six Sigma Green Belt exam and get the certification.
- Visit the official website of IASSC – Applicants are suggested to visit the IASSC website to understand the exam and get insights.
- Sign up for the training – After the above step, they must create their account and sign up for the Green Belt certification program.
- Select an accredited or authorized training partner associated with IASSC – Interested candidates can select a training institute offering the certification program. It must be associated with IASSC. Applicants must check for this point to ensure its validity.
- Get trained under supervision and prepare for the exam – After joining an institute, candidates are provided hands-on training on Six Sigma tools and techniques. They are given real-time projects where they can apply their knowledge and execute them successfully. During the program, they will learn advanced Six Sigma concepts and strategies to implement them along with some tips to prepare for the exam.
- Fill out the exam form with all required details and pay the exam fee of USD 295 – Candidates will be notified by their institutions or IASSC when the exam forms are released. They have to fill in the required information, such as name, email-id, and other details to apply for the exam.
- Appear for the exam and score a minimum of 70% to pass it – Applicants will be provided their admit cards that will contain information like applicant’s id, date of examination, etc, followed by submitting the application form. They must score at least 70% marks to grab the credential.
- Wait for the result – After the exam gets over, just relax and wait for the results.
- Check the results and download the certificate – When the results are released, candidates will be informed by mail or messages. They can visit the website of IASSC or its authorized training institute and check their performances. They can also download their score cards and certificates (if given).
How to Download the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt™ Certification?
Candidates need to pass the exam to avail the certificate. They have to score a minimum percentage for the exam. Those who haven’t scored the required minimum percentage will not receive the certificate. However, they can apply for the next Green Belt exam. Here are the steps to download the certificate after passing the exam.
Step 1 – Candidates need to open the official website of IASSC to get the notification of the result release.
Step 2 – After this, they need to check out the website on which they had enrolled for the training and check the notification section.
Step 3 – They have to enter their login credentials such as email-id, application id, exam date, etc.
Step 4 – The Result window will open, and candidates can view their scores.
Step 5 – There will be an option for downloading the certificate. Candidates need to find that option and click on it.
Step 6 – After clicking on that option, the certificate will get downloaded.
They can get its hard copy and save it for future references.
Six Sigma processes and tools are widely used in the business environment for various purposes. It leads to a company’s growth and revenue as well as improves productivity and reduces costs. Certification in Six Sigma, such as Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, can help employees manage complex business projects effectively and reach business goals.
It guarantees improved services and products which results in customer loyalty and long-term business relationships. A green belt certification comes with lucrative advantages both in terms of salary & work satisfaction.