Choosing 12 shades that evoke comfort, safety and joy, Valspar has announced its 2023 Colors of the Year. The palette strives to inspire consumers with new colors that anyone can envision in their home.
Valspar color experts have thoughtfully matched each color to a specific facet or emotion of life, all relating to what people may find helpful to complement their space. Homeowners are prioritizing areas of the home with paint to update their well-used spaces. By turning to nature-inspired design, this year’s collection is all about finding new comfort, embracing a flexible lifestyle, rediscovering joy and leaning into the growing DIY movement.
“Valspar’s 2023 Colors of the Year are usable shades that encourage self-expression and anyone can envision in their space,” says Sue Kim, Valspar Color marketing manager. “With our 12 colors to choose from, you are guaranteed to find a color that is picture-perfect for you.”
Valspar’s 2023 Colors of the Year include:
- Cozy White. A comfortable white with a yellow undertone that makes a space cozy like a soft blanket.
- Villa Grey. A cool grey that is balanced by the warmth of the yellow undertone, a natural hue like a cotton muslin cloth.
- Rising Tide. A light blue that has a dose of softness, used as a fresh neutral with uplifting qualities of a modern pastel.
- Gentle Violet. A white softened by a violet undertone, a harmonious shade promoted by digital connectivity.
- Holmes Cream. A classic tan that is dependable, with a yellow undertone that gives it new life with uplifting qualities.
- Ivory Brown. A washed brown tone inspired by the shades found in nature, a new warm neutral being incorporated inside and out the home.
- Blue Arrow. A cooled-down blue with a slight yellow undertone, a beautiful shade to find a balance between cool and warm shades in the home.
- Green Trellis. Tapping into the calming tones of nature, this hazy green has duality – bringing in the calm and liveliness we seek from the outdoors.
- Desert Carnation. Faded natural terracotta that leaves us inspired to craft a home with individuality and warmth.
- Southern Road. A muted clay with a brown undertone, embracing the life of contentment we seek in living with what we have.
- Flora. A deep blackened olive, a new neutral being introduced into the home that embodies charm and sophistication.
- Everglade Deck. A deep midnight blue, used as an elegant calming shade to restore our mind, body and home.