A car transport company is a business that specializes in transporting vehicles from one location to another. These companies offer a range of services, including shipping cars to different countries, moving cars between states or cities, and transporting cars for dealerships, auction, or private individuals.
Vehicle transporting companies typically use a variety of methods to transport vehicles, including open and enclosed trailers, flatbed trucks, and sometimes even ships for international transport. They may also offer different levels of service, such as door-to-door delivery, terminal-to-terminal delivery, or expedited shipping.
If you’re looking for a car transport company, it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable company that has a track record of delivering vehicles safely and on time. You can start by checking online reviews, getting recommendations from friends or family, and asking for quotes from multiple companies to compare prices and services.
How to find the right one?
Finding the right car transport company can be a bit overwhelming, but there are a few key factors to consider when making your decision:
- Research: Start by doing some research online to find car transport companies that operate in your area or service the locations you need. Look for companies with good reviews and ratings from previous customers. You can also bbb.org and find out if there are complaints against the service provider.
- Services: Find out if the services offered by the shipping company matches your needs, such as enclosed or open transport, terminal-to-terminal or door-to-door delivery, and expedited shipping. Ask the company about their policies for pickup and delivery, and their estimated transit time.
- Pricing: Get quotes from several companies and compare prices and services. Look for a company that offers a fair price for the level of service provided. Be wary of companies that offer prices that are significantly lower than their competitors, as this may indicate subpar service or hidden fees.
- Insurance: Make sure the company has appropriate insurance coverage to protect your vehicle during transport. Ask about their insurance policy and what it covers, and make sure they provide a written contract that outlines their insurance coverage.
- Licensing: Verify that the company has the necessary licenses and permits to operate legally in your state and the states they will be transporting your vehicle through. Check with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to see if the company is registered and has a valid USDOT number.
- Communication: Look for a company that is responsive and communicative. Make sure they are easy to reach and willing to answer your questions before and during the transport process. A good company will provide you with a point of contact who can update you on the progress of your shipment and address any concerns you may have.
- Contract: Once you’ve selected a car transport company, make sure you read the contract carefully and understand the terms and conditions. Make sure the contract includes all the services you’ve agreed to and the price you’ve been quoted.